Miller Elementary School Shines
Welcome to Miller Elementary School
Miller School is truly a community where parents, teachers, and students work together to build positive relationships that support and inspire academic and social growth for all of our Mustangs. Each of us plays a vital role and together we will work hard, have fun, and support each student as they unleash their unique brilliance and goodness. Together we strive to ensure each Mustang feels safe, respected, and valued for their unique voice in our community. We are thrilled that you and your family will be a part of Miller’s success this year.
Miller School is a comprehensive, small school serving students TK-5th and provides many enrichment and intervention opportunities including: character education, reading intervention, math enrichment, counseling, physical education, visual and performing arts, clubs, Rosetta Stone for English Learners, free online learning programs such as Accelerated Reader, Compass Learning, an extensive video library and after-school extended day care through both the YMCA and the Boys/Girls Club.
Miller School staff values parental involvement and we highly encourage parents, grandparents and family members to visit and join our PTA. Our PTA "Art in Action" program during the school day would make the "Masters" proud! We also have an active PTA and volunteer corps.
As the demands of living in the 21st Century and complexities of meeting the needs of our learners evolve, we invite our Miller families to partner and support our endeavors in the following ways::
● Encourage and assist your child to attend school every day, on time.
● Review & talk about classwork and homework with your child.
● Monitor and limit screen and media time.
● Read to your child / have your child read to you - at least 20 minutes each day.
● Attend ‘Back to School Night’ and Parent Conferences w/ your child’s teacher.
● Volunteer, when possible, in your child’s classroom or at school.
● Have daily conversations with your child about school.
● Stay ‘in the know’, visit our website, read the Mustang Messenger, & follow us on facebook.
● Regular two-way communication with staff and administration.